Cannabis has been grown for fibre, medicine and inebriation for at least 12,000 years, until a mere 100 years ago, when governments decided to suppress this amazing healing plant.
- 36 million years ago – plant emerges in Altai Mountains, Central Asia
- 10,000 years ago – Cannabis Flowers stored in clay jar in Japan
- 4,700 years ago – Cannabis considered an important herbal remedy in Japan (along with ginseng)
- 1500 to 200 BCE – Cannabis used as a medicine in India
- 500 BCE – Cannabis ranks a the most important of all known medicinal plants in Persia
- 200 BCE – Cannabis used as medicine in Egypt and Greece
- 1619- Virginia, USA. Law stated farmers were ordered to grow Indian Hemp Seed.
- 1850 – Census records 8,327 Cannabis hemp plantations in excess of 2,000 acres
- 1851 – Cannabis made its first appearance in in the USA Pharmacopoeia (3rd addition). Primary treatment for over 100 separate illnesses and diseases.
- 1894 – Hempseed considered beneficial in moderate doses in the U.K.
- 1908 – Drug prohibition in Canada began with the Opium Act of 1908
- 1920 – Cannabis banned in the U.K and USA. Canada Opium and Narcotic Drug Act of 1920. Destroyed the hemp fiber industry, based on lies.
- 1930 – Harry Anslinger and his newly formed Bureau of Narcotics came on the scene to create a nationwide concern over a Cannabis problem that did not exist. Anslinger was corrupt and a racist bigot. “There are 100,000 total Marijuana smokers in the USA and most are negros, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their satanic music, jazz and swing result from Marijuana use. This Marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with negros, entertainers and others.”
- 1937 – Anslinger, Hearst and Dupont Chemical Corp created the Marijuana Act. Bill passed after very little discussion, Cannabis effectively prohibited.
- 2018 – Legalization in Canada
Leave a Reply